Translate

Thursday, September 1, 2016

50 Day Spiritual Adventure 2016: Introduction and Week 1 Readings



Welcome to the 50 Day Spiritual Adventure for 2016!  Last year, I shared what ended up being the last year for my now retired pastor to create this reading schedule (he retired in June).  However, I see a benefit for continuing this year, crafting my own version of this time on my blog (using a calendar of readings from several years ago).  To the regular readers of my blog, as well as those here for the first time, I would like to welcome you to join me in a time of delving into God’s Word.

This year’s readings will start on September 1 and end October 20, covering portions of the Old Testament and New Testament.  If you happen to get behind, please do not give up.  Keep on reading and finish when you are able. 

The purpose of this time is to slow down, after a busy summer (if that was the case) and return to God and His Word.  What a better time to get in the Word than the start of the school year (in my community, school starts today, September 1)!  The great thing about God’s Word is that it never grows stale or old.  It is as fresh and relevant today as when it was written.  This is a time to be renewed spiritually.  These fifty days is a time to get back into the Word after a busy summer.

For some, it may be the first time they have really gotten into the Word. Wherever we are in our walk with the Lord, more awaits us.  If you have yet to surrender you heart to Lord, why not do it now?  Check out my blog archives for posts on salvation and what it means to follow Jesus that are available for reading.

Speaking for myself, I have learned and grown from these special times.  As you begin to read these passages, please do not get discouraged if you find yourself struggling, keep on going!

Enjoy getting to know God better through the reading of His Word!  The Bible is God’s love letter to us.  Time spent in the Word is time well spent.

Furthermore, I want to encourage you to join a Bible study in your community to learn and share in a group context.  Sunday school (under a variety of names) is also a place to learn, grow, serve, and care—check it out sometime.

May God Bless you richly as you read His Word!

What are you looking forward to learning as you read God’s Word?


Here is a list of this year’s readings (my plan is to update this list weekly, generally posting on Sunday morning):

Week 1:  September 1-3, 2016

September 1:  Proverbs 1, Deuteronomy 1, Mark 1
September 2:  Proverbs 2, Deuteronomy 2, Mark 2
September 3:  Proverbs 3, Deuteronomy 3, Mark 3

2 comments:

  1. Oh, boy! I'm excited about adding more Bible study to my day, Kim. And I'm sure to find Scriptures that I will want to memorize, too. Great idea, and I will definitely share.
    Love and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha, I love your enthusiasm! Enjoy your extra time in the Word. Thank you for sharing!

      Love and blessings!

      Delete

All comments are moderated. Please use care in posting comments or replies. If you wouldn't say what you are writing in person, rethink your words. Remember words can build up or tear down. Speak the truth in love.

Labels