Translate

Friday, June 23, 2017

Study Time!


Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.  (2 Timothy 2:15 KJV)

For a few weeks I have written about a possible series on the Holy Spirit (see Pentecost and WorshipTime:  Pentecost); that series will prayerfully be starting at some point this summer.



Image from Pixabay


The task ahead is arduous; therefore, I will be taking the time to diligently study, read, reflect, write, and pray.  While I have a working outline to guide my studying and writing, I realize the outline will likely change as I learn and grow.



From https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Inspirational-Images/large/2-Timothy_2-15.jpg


As Paul admonishes his young protégé, Timothy, to study in order to rightly handle, divide the Word of God.  The word “study” in the above passage is to be diligent, to do the necessary work (study, meditation, and prayer) to be approved unto God.  I believe this series is important enough to take the time it deserves in study, prayer, and preparation.  Similar to writing a master’s thesis or doctoral dissertation, this series will not be written quickly.  God will hold me to a higher standard (see James 3:1).



Image from Pixabay


All of that said; I will post when I am able.  Please do not give up on me if I am silent for a few weeks at a time.



Image from Pixabay


Please join with me in prayer:

Dear Lord, thank You for the multitudinous blessings You pour out on Your children.  Guide us to take the necessary time in Your Word to learn more about You, others, and ourselves.  Help those of us who preach, teach, and write about Your Word to diligently study Your Word in depth and divide it correctly.  Thank You for instilling in us a hunger for more of You, for more of Your Word, and for Your Holy Spirit Who empowers our Christian walk.  In Jesus’ Name, we pray.  Amen.

From My Heart to Yours,

Kim


4 comments:

  1. I will pray for you as you STUDY, and we will look forward to what the Lord shows you through this time of study, prayer and preparation. I know something beautiful will come out of your time with the Lord, studying His Word. May it be a sweet and lovely time of communion with the Master.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, thank you so much for your prayers as I STUDY in this area. I've been thinking about studying in this area for quite some time, however, it was recently that I "knew" that it was to be shared on this blog and hopefully elsewhere.

      Yes, I'm trusting that something beautiful will come out of this time with the Lord. Oh for that sweet and lovely time of communion with the Master.

      Blessings!

      Delete
  2. I will certainly join Pamela in prayer for you, Kim, as God leads you forward in this study. It is quite the undertaking, of that I am sure, but I'm just as sure that the finished product will be wonderful!
    Love and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha, thank you for joining Pamela in prayer for me. I need all the prayers I can get! Yes, this study is quite the undertaking; however, with the guidance of the Holy Spirit, it's quite doable. Thank you also for your kind words!

      Love and blessings!

      Delete

All comments are moderated. Please use care in posting comments or replies. If you wouldn't say what you are writing in person, rethink your words. Remember words can build up or tear down. Speak the truth in love.

Labels