Translate

Friday, February 23, 2018

God’s Amazing Love


Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.  (1 John 3:1 KJV)

*This is an edited/revised post from February 26, 2016.

To my readers:  Even though I have not posted much this year, I remain committed to sharing here about Jesus and helping you learn and grow in your faith.  I encourage you to check out (and like) Faith Journey with Kim: Growing in Christ Jesus on Facebook; join in the occasional discussion on the posts there.

And Can it Be



Amazing love!  What amazing love God has for each person.  God’s love for us goes far beyond what we can understand while we live on earth.  We struggle to grasp God’s love for us due to the poor examples we see and experience so many times in our daily lives in this sinful world.

The love of God transforms us and heals us.  God’s love renews and refreshes us.  When we are saved, we are transformed (over time) in to a new creation (this is sanctification)—God’s love permeates the process throughout our lives and throughout eternity.

Looking back over the last several years, I can note considerable changes in me; even if they are difficult to articulate.  These inner changes are a result of really experiencing God’s love for me through daily working on my relationship with Him.  Yes, it is a commitment; and like any other relationship it takes timea lot of time.

How have you been changed by God’s love for you?  How have you seen others changed through God’s transforming love?

My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. 
(1 John 3:18 KJV)

The love we experience as a child of God is something the world desperately needs but does not understand.  Therefore, the world does not understand us, because they are not part of God’s family.  Let us endeavor to share the path to salvation and God’s amazing love with those who need to hear it, whether they respond positively or negatively.  May we ever love others not in word or in talk but in deed and in truth!

Remember that actions and attitudes speak far louder than words!  People will remember how we treated them and made them feel far longer than the words we said.

How can you share God’s love today?  Who needs to hear the way to have peace with God (salvation)?


Amazing Love [You are My King]




Please join with me in prayer:

Dear Heavenly Father, Thank You for adopting us as Your children through Jesus’ work on the cross and bringing us into Your family.  We long to experience the totality of Your love.  Grant us the ability to share Your love with others in ways that they can understand through our actions, attitudes, and words towards them.  Guide us to those who need love, particularly Your love.  Free us from the fear that holds us back and silences us from sharing You with others.  Empower us to walk the walk and not only talk the talk as we live in a world that needs Your love.  In Jesus’ Name, we pray.  Amen.

From My Heart to Yours,

Kim

6 comments:

  1. Amen, Kim! We who know God's love need to shine it into the world every chance we get, in whatever way we can. To God be the glory!
    Love and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha, thank you for your kind words. We can't go wrong when we share God's love with those around us and with the world! Absolutely, to God be the glory!

      Love and blessings!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful post, and again, one of my most favorite hymns and the newer one too. Praise God for His Amazing Love!!! How can it be? That Thou My God wouldst die for me??? Amazing love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, Thank you for your kind words. I'm thrilled that you liked the music I selected--their some of my favorites too. Then again, I have MANY favorites! God's love really is amazing and something to praise God for.

      Blessings!

      Delete
  3. Hi Kim! It's so funny that you would publish this post for me today, because I do think it's speaking to me. I just made the promise to myself to be more friendly and open with people. I have a habit of showing up, but then leaving places quickly. Instead, I want to greet the people I know with a smile, and be open to chatting with others too.
    We're all here to be love, right? I can't do that if I'm so intent on my own plans, that I run out after a service or event.
    Thoughtful post for me!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ceil! I'm happy to know that this post is speaking to you. Perhaps, that is why I went through my post files and selected this one to revise/edit? I'm going to call it a God-thing, a God happening.

      Sometimes, like you, I show up some place and leave rather quickly, instead of connecting with others. Relationships are important to me, however, so I should act like it more often.

      Blessings!

      Kim

      Delete

All comments are moderated. Please use care in posting comments or replies. If you wouldn't say what you are writing in person, rethink your words. Remember words can build up or tear down. Speak the truth in love.

Labels